Questions and answers as told by Brock Dance President, Ashley Hainer:
- How long have you been with Brock Dance and how did it all begin for you?
“I have been with Brock Dance for three years and on the executive team for two. It all began for me in high school when I couldn’t imagine my life without dance. I knew that I had to find the dance club that was offered here at Brock.”
- When and where is the first club meeting?
“The first club meeting is on Friday September 9th at 4 p.m. in Upper Walker (above Hungry Badger). We are waiting to get a lecture hall, so it is important to come see us at vendor fair on September 6th and 7th.”
- Is Brock Dance free for every member or is there a fee associated?
“There is a fee to be apart of Brock Dance. It is $40 for new/returning members and $15 for teachers. This also includes a t-shirt and lanyard upon registration and contributes to our year end recital.”
- If you could describe Brock Dance in three words, what would they be?
“Energetic, Inclusive and Amazing”
- What type of dancing does Brock Dance offer and at what levels?
“Brock Dance provides classes from beginner to competitive levels in a variety of styles including Jazz, Contemporary, Tap, Ballet, Hip-hop, Lyrical, Ballroom, Highland, Musical theatre and new this year, Bollywood.”
- What is the easiest way/platform to keep up with Brock Dance?
“Our website brockdance.com has all of the information to keep up with us. We are also on Instagram and Twitter, so feel free to follow @brockdance and like us on Facebook.”
- If Brock Dance were a song, what would it be?
“Yeah – Usher”
- What is your favourite memory with Brock Dance?
“My favourite memory with Brock Dance has to be the ones with the amazing friends I’ve made. This may be true to every sport and art, however dancers just understand each other and are some of the greatest people I know.”
- How does somebody become a Brock Dance teacher?
“At the year end recital we have forms to fill out if somebody is interested in becoming a teacher [for the upcoming year]. Then there are auditions held and the executive team chooses who they think is best suited to teach and represent Brock Dance.”
Make sure to check out Brock Dance at the Vendor Fair happening today, Tuesday the 6th, and tomorrow, September 7th from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Alena Kondratieva, Assistant Campus News Editor