With Valentine’s Day coming up, we know the pressure that people are under to wow their significant others. We also, however, know the pressure students are under in their academics and how hard it can be to get off campus. With that in mind, we’ve created the perfect three-step guide to help you get the most out of your Valentine’s Day without ever having to leave your student-centred mindset.
BROCKTASTIC PICK-UP LINES:
- Are you Mac Chown? Because I keep getting lost in your eyes.
- Are you Cairn’s Complex? Because I wouldn’t mind exploring your “BioLinc.”
- Are you the 116? Because I’m sure a lot of people want to chase after you.
- Do you need to study? Because I have a “tower” I’d like you to check out.
- You’re so hot, you’re the reason there’s so many fire alarms going off in residence.
- Are you enrolled in Geology? Because I’ve got some rocks you might want to take a look at.
- Good thing we don’t have a law school, or someone might sue you for stealing my heart.
DATE IDEAS ON CAMPUS:
- The sleep lab has a few beds you can try out.
- Nothing says “going all out” like spending 10 dollars on chicken fingers. Show them that you care and bring them to Market.
- Suggest a study date for that Astronomy 1F90 and take them to the roof of the Tower to look at the stars
- DeCew Falls. But not in the spring, because it’s really, really muddy. Unless you’re in to that sort of thing.
- Want to stick with an age-old Brock tradition? The Bullet it is!
- Remember that the higher up you go in the tower, the quieter it gets. Depending on how “loud” you tend to be, you may want to keep it closer to the base. Or just find a room with one of those private cubicles.
- If you’re into some “alternative” ideas, there are a bunch of chains on the walls near some of the labs in Mac Chown.
WHAT NOT TO DO:
- Request that all communication from your date be sent only through your Brock email.
- Create an itinerary for you date and refer to it as the “course syllabus.”
- Decide to “take a shortcut” through Mackenzie Chown. Your date will not wait as you erringly wander through its inextricable maze of hallways
- Ask them to walk to the back of Zone 2 and meet you there. Make the effort to swing by the Tower and pick them up.